CV Outer Boots on '92 Dodge Spirit

I have had to replace the cv boots on my '92 Dodge Spirit (6 cyl) more often than I can remember, both front cv outer boots again just this week. Is this something that requires frequent replacement on all cars, or is this a fault of this particular vehicle?

Reply to
rmacnabs

Mike Walsh

snow, stones, etc.. The only boot I had to replace on one of my own vehicles was after it had become packed with ice and snow. The others did not need replacing as long as I had them; all over 110,000 miles.

Reply to
philthy

=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D =3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D=3D

No........to both questions.

~:~ MarshMonster ~sips his shroomjuice......mmm......good stuff~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Not usual for either. Where are you buying the replacements? Are you installing them using the proper tools? How are they failing?

Reply to
Steve W.

Neither one. How are they failing? Are you taking the thing offroad? Are you buying cheap replacements? This is not normal.

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey