CVT Transmission Question

Hi,

We'll probably be getting our first car with those new CVT transmissions.

Just wondering: if you depress the gas pedal fully, do they, essentially, drop down (what would be equal to) a gear like all the non-CVT older transmissions always did ?

If you need a quick burst of speed, how is it accomplished with a CVT ?

Thanks, R.

Reply to
Bob

One cone gets narrow one cone gets wide. I find that when I rent CVT cars I pretty well keep them in the equivalent of second or third gear with the gas pedal floored. Good luck to you with your new CVT.

Paul in Houston TX

They work like a snowmobile clutch and converter system. Just enclosed and longer life belt/chain.

Reply to
Steve W.