Danica Patrick.

i don't follow auto racing. does she ever win or does she just look good like anna Kournikova?

wait, she does win

boxing

If so, then she's changed. She used to be an arrogant whiner.

Reply to
Steve

A few months ago, Danica was visiting those guys at American Chopper.Paul Teutul Sr.was sitting in the back seat of a Hummer, Mikey Teutul was driving and Danica was sitting next to Mikey.They went to a race track somewhere.Danica asked Mikey if he thinks the wind blowing her hair all around makes her look sexy? Danica is still a teenager at heart.

Danica Patrick visits American Chopper

Danica Patrick is COOL! cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

She won, she's pretty, and I wish her the best

Reply to
HLS

So, if you had Danica Patrick vs Dale Junior in a one off car race... would the chicks cheer for Little E or the woman? and how about the rednecks? the cute chick or the the guy who drove the bud car for many years?

:)

Reply to
ray

I would be cheering for Danica Patrick, the COOL! one. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Mikey is such a DS, and the old man is a "pung".. Danica looks like an ice cream dessert.

Reply to
HLS

Darned good looking young gal and a competitive driver to boot.

Reply to
John S.

I went to an O'Reilly's auto parts store this morning at around 8:00 AM.You know how they have those advertising thingys on the parts counter.There was one of Danica on there.I told that O'Reilly's auto parts guy what Danica did.All he did was grin, he wouldn't laugh out loud. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

She could whip your sorry ass, and wrap it up as a gift, Cuhulin!

Best regards

Reply to
HLS

A few years ago while watching the sports on TV, they showed her in a race getting all hairy-arsed sideways in the pit lane, after pulling out of her pits. Scared the crap out of the of the other pit crews. A driver being interview after the race was asked to make a comment on the incident, and he said "she must have been wearing her high heels while driving again".

:)

Reply to
M.A. Stewart

I have seen any number of drivers do the same thing. I consider Danica to be a good journeyman driver, not yet a true master, but certainly proficient in the trade.

Reply to
Don Stauffer in Minnesota

Fully agree.. She has a lot of talent in terms of nerve, reflexes, and driving moxie, but she is not yet a master.

Some studies showed that women are not likely to be as competitive as men in situations like this, simply because of testosterone levels. She can develop driving skills, but whether the killer instinct is there remains to be seen.

Reply to
HLS

Now that was truly a brilliant and insightful statement. Would the many the other beginning male drivers who have also gone squirelly at the wrong time have received a sexist comment like that? I doubt it.

Reply to
John S.

Which studies.

Reply to
John S.

:)

I thought it was an ironic, politically incorrect, well timed quip. That's the funny. She is hardly fazed by quip like that. Lighten up. She's in a boys club. Girls in boys clubs get teased. I will add, the person who made the comment was also smiling when he made the comment. Would she have also found the comment funny? I bet that she would.

I don't... let's see... how about this... a pair of race savvy women commenting on the performance of a rookie driver, who missed a shift coming out of corner 5... "Julie your husband is driving with his dick again" Julie sighs "yes... I know... I keep pointing out to him after he climbs in the car... 'this is the gearshift... and this your dick... the gears are shifted with the gearshift'". :)

Reply to
M.A. Stewart

You might be surprised at what women really find funny versus what they put up with and offer a snile for.

I doubt it. I'm thinking the same male commmentator talking about a guy going squirrely would probably say in a slightly hushed voice: "Wow...he came close to losing it - good recovery for a rising amateur though." Or similar.

Reply to
John S.

And his fellow racers would be giving him the gears.

I know because I race. I've bugged my buddy about getting a cane because obviously he was blind and drove straight into the wreck. A different friend got a plaque with a tractor on it - the bailing award for most offtrack excursions. Me... well, my crew chief has threatened to charge me $100 each time he has to go retrieve body panels from the infield after the race.

Ray

Reply to
ray

When I was younger and did some drag racing, there was a field off the end of the strip with cows in it. Some people were chided about milking the cows if their chutes failed or brakes faded.

Danica doesnt deserve any worse, or better, than the rest of the group.

Men have to take some pretty rough treatment on the track as well. It can be dangerously aggressive at times.

Reply to
HLS