Dealer shop manuals

I understand that these can be a little pricey, but where can I get one? Can I buy one straight from the dealership, or some such?

Reply to
Tokay

What car? There are one or two that you may not be able to obtain at all (through normal channels,at least).

Reply to
<HLS

Got my GM service manuals from eBay.

Reply to
Jon C
93 Saturn SL2, before they were GM
Reply to
Tokay

Jon C

Excerpt from the 1983 entry: "GM announces its Saturn Project -- a "no-year" developmental program for a new family of subcompact cars it plans to produce in the U.S., using start-to-finish innovation. The UAW and GM unveil plans for a Joint Study Center aimed at achieving an unprecedented union-management partnership in the Saturn Project. In 1985, Saturn Corporation is created as a separate subsidiary, adding a sixth nameplate to GM?s North American passenger car marques."

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

Right, they were always GM. A different marketing concept more than anything else.

Reply to
<HLS

Their modus operandi was the "no haggle" price (and non-rustable plastic skin). The ladies flocked to them as if to a cosmetics sale, confounding GM's oracles, who had predicted a grand conquest of the male buyer.

Instead, we rugged, hardened men (excuse me), continued to patronise traditional main dealers, imagining ourselves stalwart heroes, besting the best at their own game...Right.

Reply to
Hugo Schmeisser

Saturn has been a GM division since day one.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

Depends on the make. Check

and see if yourshop manual is available from them.

-tih

Reply to
Tom Ivar Helbekkmo

Sorry, I must be mistaken.... It's just that they took a huge nosedive in quality in '95, and that's usually representative of a big changeover.....

Reply to
Tokay

Saturn has always been part of GM but wasn't always fully integrated with the corporation. That final nail in the coffin was hammered with the introduction of the Vue, which shares its chassis with the Chevy Cobalt.

Reply to
do_not_spam_me