Diagnosing ATF Leak ('93 Infiniti G20)

I've noticed my G20 leaves behind a sizable puddle of ATF wherever it is parked. This has been going on for a few months now. Oddly, I haven't noticed a significant drop in ATF level on the dipstick. The power steering fluid is also ok. Looking under the car, there is a mess of ATF everywhere, all I can tell is that it's coming from somewhere above the transmission pan.

The leak seems to happen only while the engine is hot (maybe only when it's parked after driving for a while, if that's possible).

Anyone have any tips on diagnosing this, or ideas on what is leaking?

Thanks a lot.

Reply to
bellman

dunno, I'd look for an overfill, x-mission fluid level rises when hot, if that is the case - you are lucky all hell hasn't broke loose.

I had a x-mission "over-hall" done by a dealership's service dept.??, and when I got home -

there was a double quantity of x-mission fluid in the x-mission, I drew out a gallon

and still had adequate fluid, it makes you wonder just what the bastards did for a 1000 bucks.

mho vfe

Reply to
fiveiron

maybe coolant from the radiator tank is oozing in. ooohhh no!!!!

mho vfe

Reply to
fiveiron