Diagnosing noise on 2007 escape

My wife has an 07 Escape. It has a terrible noise when it is in gear, sitti nf still, with foot on the brake with the ac on. It even does it some with the accelerator pressed as you drive off. Worse when going in reverse. I ha ve crawled all over it trying to diagnose it but cant find anything.

Any ideas on how to locate it? Is anyone aware of any TSB's that might fall under this?

Reply to
stryped1

still, with foot on the brake with the ac on. It even does it some with the accelerator pressed as you drive off. Worse when going in reverse. I have crawled all over it trying to diagnose it but cant find anything.

Are you sure the noise is "terrible" and not horrendous, atrocious or horrible?

I'm pretty sure there is no bulletin on terrible.

Reply to
jim

still, with foot on the brake with the ac on. It even does it some with the accelerator pressed as you drive off. Worse when going in reverse. I have crawled all over it trying to diagnose it but cant find anything.

under this?

i think the tsb's listed on psychicvehiclediagnostics.com.

Reply to
jim beam

still, with foot on the brake with the ac on. It even does it some with the accelerator pressed as you drive off. Worse when going in reverse. I have crawled all over it trying to diagnose it but cant find anything.

take it to a professional that knows what they're doing.

why? here's your vehicle fix flow chart:

  1. mess with vehicle - can't find problem.
  2. ask on r.a.t - ignore responses
  3. mess with vehicle some more - screw with stuff that's irrelevant and break it.
  4. return to r.a.t with more questions about what you've just broken.
  5. return to #1.

it's an endlessly repeating cycle.

Reply to
jim beam

A high-pitched tinkling "noise" like wind chimes on a warm summer evening? A low, thumping, ground-shaking "noise" like a 50-inch subwoofer? A crash-bang clanking "noise" like chains and frying pans in the dryer? A screeching, ripping "noise" like cats being torn apart by rabid aardvarks?

We'll need something slightly more descriptive than "a terrible noise" if you expect any kind of diagnosis beyond "it's buggered".

Reply to
Sanity Clause

Could you at least back it up to the intertubes so I can hear it...? -----

- gpsman