Diesels coming to small Chevy trucks

Oddly, I was just having someone complain to me yesterday that in a fleet of vehicles the Colorado didn't get any better gas mileage than a

1/2 ton full size pickup - maybe this is GM's attempt to improve things.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

another butt ugly GM design. I'd be embarrassed to be seen in that thing.

Reply to
Ashton Crusher

Does it come with a built in 'shutdown'? Not to be off topic but,

JR

I agree....about time!!

Reply to
combatvet03

I was driving a Vauxhall Insignia with a 2.0 CDTi turbo-diesel in the UK an d it didn't feel like a diesel or a turbo - just some kind of magical power plant that had the flattest torque curve at any RPM. It was pretty refined stuff. There was no problems with passing cars at 70MPH - just apply a lit tle pressure to the accelerator. The miles/liter was pretty impressive too although I don't have the numbers - my guess is that it was at least 40MPG. I couldn't tell it was a diesel from the driver's seat although from the o utside, it sounded like a diesel alright. Most of the drivers in Wales had diesels.

I don't need or want a car like that for my driving at home but for miserly driving at high speeds and long distances without any of the deficiencies of miserly engines, it would be hard to beat this powerplant.

Reply to
dsi1