Different brake shoes different temperature

Do different types of brake shoe lining cause the brake drums to heat to different temperatures.

I have two different types of linings on my rear drums, one drum gets hot and the other gets hotter, after 10 km of city driving.

Thanks in advance Denny

Reply to
Denny B

Hi Denny:

if the linings are of significantly different material (one high friction) , this could happen, but that also signifies that one of the rear drums is doing more of the stopping than the other. You should change the linings out ASAP to a matched pair - shoes come in pairs for a reason.

Andrew

Denny B wrote:

Reply to
Andrew Paule

Er...well, kinda. They'll have different co-efficient of friction....different "grabs"

That's bad. See above. You have different braking on the left and the right.

Reply to
Stephen Bigelow