"Disappearing" Low Coolant Sensor

Can someone please confirm that GM has removed the low coolant sensor (3.4L OHV) or has it moved to somewhere else on the engine ?

Repost from alt.autos.gm ...

The earlier post on "replacing low coolant sensor" has prompted me to look for it (the low coolant sensor) in my wife's 2002 Rendezvous (3.4L V6). This item is of particular interest to me as I had the misfortune of a blown

3.4L V6 engine because of leaky coolant not too long ago. Well, first I look in the owner's manual, nothing mentioned there about low coolant indicator light. Then I popped the hood and looked for the sensor on the radiator. Lo and behold, there was nothing there. If I am not mistaken, the low coolant sensor should be right below the radiator cap, as is the case with my 1997 Chevy Venture. But apparently, GM has made an disappearing act in this later model engine. Can somebody out there enlighten me as to why this is so. Seems to me that will put GM vehicle owners in grave danger of not knowing when coolant has leaked out of the cooling system, possibly into the engine. May be this is part of a greater GM scam to avoid repair these defective engines under warranty ? Without the indicator light, most customers will not know to take their vehicles back for repair before the warranty expires. Anybody else has other thoughts on this ?
Reply to
DL

So far as I can see, there isn't a low coolant sensor on this vehicle..

Reply to
Robert Hancock