Dissapointed with Mopar Performance Parts!!

Just passing on a dealing I just had with a Mopar Performance Parts, I order the Electronic Voltage Regulator # P4529794 the black case with the yellow writing on it, they starting remaking them again as im sure some of you know and look like the original early 70s one's but with updated electronics inside, I picked it up this morning from the Dealer vacume sealed in the heavy weight clear wrap with the Mopar Performance decals inside, the black paint on the regulator was chipped down to the metal in a few pieces, were talking a 3/4" long chip in the black paint, the yellow writting is coming off and has flaked away, all this can be seen plain as day threw the pack, I almost didn't accept it but I need to get my Hot Rod togeather and the parts guy said that this was factory sealed "Which it is" , when I got home I noticed a very interesting detail..... On the face of the regulator itself the number in yellow writting # 3438150 271 is the correct number BUT, the 271 is the date code, 271 is the

27th week of 1971, it was manufactured in 1971 and the packing date on the label is 09/04/03, the number of the new one's with the upgraded electronics inside are a 4 digit code instead of a 3 digit, that 4 digit code is the ONLY way to tell the old one's from the new updated electronic one's..... Yes this is a Good Unit, but Not a new one, I called Mopar tech line and talked to the guy there, I told him the date code number and he said, Oh a 1971 regulator..... I said No, I just bought it factory sealed in a Mopar Performance Packed up..... He said impossible.... Long story short, they ordered me another one and it should be here tomorrow.... My deal here is, im a little dissapointed in buying a new mopar performance item with the updated electronics and getting a New Old stock one that has been laying around for 32 years and probably dropped how many times and with paint chipped all over it.... I told the Mopar tech guy that I was dissapointed in Mopar doing this and alot of my buddies and I buy a fair amount of mopar performance parts (Which is Great Stuff) and having someone at the Mopar plant package this old outdated item up and trying to sell it off as a new updated one.... If someone didn't know the date code, they would buy it and run it, "Probably with no problems" and never know it, I can't believe that Mopar is that poor to have to try to move these old shelf parts off to us buyers instead of boxing them up SAYING, 1971 NOS part here........ Just passing this on, I will be checking anything else I buy from Mopar or any others in the future.. That's it, I feel better....... Happy Holidays, Randy.....
Reply to
Randylands