do MTC at time(months) or milage - windstar

Hi

I've got a 2000 windstar. It has 42,000km on it right now. Now it's running fine aside from a check engine (po455) last week for a faulty gas cap. Anyway, I'm wondering about doing maintenance on it and got to thinking, is distance or time the critical factor when doing the regular stuff? As an example, according to Ford you should do a flush and fill on the rad at either 3 years or 60,000km. Well I'm at the 3 years easy (3 years in June '03) but I'm only 2/3 the way on the km. I understand that of course I could be on the safe side and do it but I'm just wondering.

On a more specific note for those windstar owners out there, what maintenance things have you done that I should be considering in the future. I'd kinda like to avoid doing stuff this winter if at all possible and do it now instead.

TIA

Cameron

Reply to
Cameron

The manufacturer recommends you do it at whichever milestone occurs first. Time takes its toll on cars too.

Reply to
vitaeterna