Dodge Charger.

Google,,, Popular Mechanics Hellcat What? Meet the 10,000 Horsepower Version of 2015 Dodge Charger

Reply to
JR

how long do the rear tyres last?

Reply to
pedro1492

Rear tires? About two seconds.

Reply to
JR

When electric cars come on-line, 12 second cars will be fairly common - and cheap. It's gonna wipe out these piston engine monstrosities. We don't need no stinkin' big blocks.

Reply to
dsi1

IMO, in the USA, 20 second electric cars will be the norm due to insurance, attorneys, and regulators. Think Leaf and Prius.

Reply to
Paul in Houston TX

Due to the batteries, these cars are more about range on a charge rather than performance. As batteries improve, acceleration will be given more of a priority. You can take that to the bank. As it goes, performance would be dead simple to achieve - you just change the controller software. Manufacturers could use the same hardware for radically different power/torque levels at the motors. This is a most attractive proposition. You want double the HP? Just change the software.

Reply to
dsi1

With the patented Don Garlits exploder! It's easy to get 10,000 hp, it's just hard to get it for more than a fraction of a second...

--scott

Reply to
Scott Dorsey

I thought it was some kind of a Rocket engine. Google,,, You have to first go to Stennis Space Center if you want to go to Mars

Reply to
JR