Dodge Minivan - wheel rub a "feature?"

The wife and I just purchased a 2003 Dodge Grand Caravan Sport, and I've noticed in the past week of driving it around that the front wheels seem to rub fairly badly when cornering moderately hard. At first I thought it was ice buildup in the wheelwells, since we just had a big snowstorm; but it's all melted now, and the problem persists. Interestingy, my neighbor (who owns a 2000 Grand Caravan Sport) says he's got the same problem.

Is this a known "feature" of the vehicle?

Thanks in advnce

Reply to
Terry Aki

Check the shields on the back side of the rotors. May have gotten bent from build-up of snow/ice and now rubbing on the rotors.

Terry Aki wrote:

Reply to
Mike Behnke

You could check out this feature on the Chrysler Minivan site that tries to drum up customers here all the time.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

I could, but I don't have a URL.

Terry Aki

Just check

careful as they are very anal if anyone suggests that minivans haveproblems. Start your post like this: "I've owned three now and havenever had a problem. I was just wondering if it's normal for my engineto be turning 4,000RPM in drive at two miles per hour."

Reply to
MaxAluminum

Nah... Go to

. They're pretty nice there.

Reply to
Clem

That allpar.com is a real informational site. I'll be spending some time there. I just went through quite a problem sourcing some Dodge Shadow parts. I never have this problem with GM so that's what I tend to stick with. If I could get a minivan for dirt I might try it.

Reply to
MaxAluminum