Dodge Neon - battery drainage

Is there any known issue with 2000 Neon and its battery usage? I bought a 4dr 2000 Neon around the middle of 1999. The battery that came with the car drained even before the warranty period was over. I got a free replacement but even that one has now drained in 4 years. I never keep my lights or radio on except while driving. The mileage on the car is about 60K. The car remains in an open lot since the last 18 months but before that it was always in a heated garrage. I don't know much about cars. Am I doing anything stupid to drain the battery?

thanks PP

Reply to
PP

No problem. If it worked for four years and the alt is still charging good and no amp draw. You battery just is just gone. Have the charging system tested along with the battery. If battery is weak replace it. They do not last forever like that Easter bunnie says. MT

Reply to
MT-2500

3 year life for a battery is typical. Particularly if you live in a hot climate, battery life tends to be reduced by quite a bit.
Reply to
Bruce Chang