Does the Taurus eat tires?

Sounds like the car has all 3 of these: Worn out strut shocks Worn bushings Out of alignment You will need to have new tires and have the bushings and struts checked before the alignment is done. Also, verify there are no cracks in the frames or towers.

Reply to
Paul

have you ever bought a set of "toyota" branded tires? why would toyota take care of the warranty on another manufacturer's brand on a commodity product like a tire?

Reply to
jim beam

Having owned 5 Taurus, i cannot say normally they wear tires more than any other FWD car.

There are MANY issues that can cause abnormal wear. Was this car EVER wrecked? If so, it may have NEVER been fixed right. This includes falling off the truck at the dealer lot.

If you have never had the front end fully inspected after all this, that's an issue. Many Taurus had issues with broken coil springs. Have yours been inspected? Are inner and outer tie rods snug? ball joints? Has the car had a 4 wheel alignment or been checked? Are the sub frame bushings intact and tight?

was the trannie or motor ever out of the car?, if so, the subframe alignment may be out of wack.

At any rate, you may be looking at 4 new spring/struts with a

4 wheel alignment with any other front end parts replaced as needed. Check those CV boots while your at it

bob

Reply to
bob u

I bought a new 1980 Corolla SR5 in August 1980. Delivered in time for Labor Day weekend. It came with Bridgestone tires. They went 125,000 miles.

When I called Bridgestone because I couldn't find another set, the guy said something to the effect of "That's probably why we don't sell them anymore!"

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Damn! My Scion tC came with Potenzas. I went to Bridgestone's web site and got this:

Original Size: We're sorry, we don't currently produce a tire that matches your vehicle's original equipment tire size, load range and speed rating combination. Optional sizes may be available for your vehicle. Please consult your owner's manual and check with your retailer to verify all tire recommendations before purchasing your tire(s)."

Wow.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

some web sites are badly organized. just go to tire rack.

Reply to
jim beam

Worn or bent parts will wear out tires .... so will the alignment being off. If you bought it used the unibody may be bent from a previous accident or previous owner hitting a big pot hole.

Good Luck.

harryface

91 Bonneville 322,655 05 Park Avenue 101,699
Reply to
Harry Face

I did! ;)

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Thanks, everybody. Lots to study here. I appreciate it.

Reply to
MNRebecca