Dome lights will not go out

85 Caddilac Seville the curtesy lights will not go out. I found one bad door switch and changed it. I have changed the headlight switch. This car is my grandfathers old car and i am trying to fix it up. I dont drive it much so i have time to work on it. I had to pull the fuse to get them to go out. But this fuse is a problem to be pulled because the power locks and Level ride system are on this fuse. Any suggestions. Anyone had the problem before?
Reply to
carguy27

Shep

I've had the situation where the switch was ok, but the door was very slightly mis-aligned so the part that's supposed to press the switch did not depress it far enough. Fixed it by rubber cementing a 1/8" thick bit of rubber material onto the little "pad" area on the door which presses on the switch.

Rick

Reply to
Richard

Check if the dimmer switch is turned all the way that causes the dome light to stay on.

Then open each door and press the little switch by hand and see that the light goes out. If it does but stays on with the door closed you need to adjust that switch.

Also check if you have a time delay option that keeps the lights on for a while when entering / exiting the car. That unit may be faulty.

Reply to
marks542004

Is the courtesty light circuitry incorporated in the headlamp switch. Does the car have a factory alarm system?

Reply to
gobroncos

Since you are to the point of removing a fuse which turns the lites off(while disabling undesired functions), why not just remove the bulbs? s

Reply to
sdlomi2

Probably because the fuse is easier. Jim

Reply to
gobroncos

would the door switch also cause door chime to continue when ignition is set to acc? as well as when the car is off and key is out, with nothing else on?

Reply to
2000Cavalier