Door latch mechanism? '04 Cavalier

'04 Cav, power windows & locks. Rear door latch has failed, so door won't stay closed.

I think I need to remove the latch mechanism, to see what's going on. It looks like the way to do this is to remove the latch, the rods, and the handle assembly all as one piece. The handle and lock lever are mounted on a slightly concave plastic 'plate'. This plate mounts to dhe (steel) inner door, with one rivet ... and two other 'points of attachment'. These last are rectangular plastic thingees, and appear to snap into cutouts in the inner door.

Assuming that description is comprehensible, ...

  1. Does that sound like the right track?
  2. Any clues about removing those two snap-in attachment points?

Thanks, george

Reply to
George