Door open light stays ON - all doors ARE closed

Hello everyone,

Wife's Subaru Forester 2002 - out of the blue, door open warning light would not turn off no matter what. All doors are most certainly closed, checked all five severla times. Tried manual with a key, manual from inside with door switches, and tried remote control.

Remote opens and closes securely, but beeps to warn that the door stays open.

What is wrong and can it, perhaps, be an easy fix?

Thanks,

Dima

Reply to
DK

snipped-for-privacy@no.email.thankstospam.net (DK) wrote in news:8ZNGm.2006$3P2.353 @newsfe09.iad:

Does the dome light turn on and off when you open and close the doors?

Or does the dome light stay on all the time until you turn it off with its own switch?

Reply to
Tegger

Check those switches in the door jams that control this function. Could just depress with finger and get lucky finding the bad one. Otherwise remove from jam and inspect.

Since all doors and hatch are closed, my guess is one of the switches is bad. When depressed the switch breaks the circuit.

Reply to
johninky

Yes, one of the switches was bad. Thank you. Now I have to figure out how to take off the plastic panel to replace the damn thing...

Reply to
DK