Dusenberg.

Steve wrote in news:otOdnZCuUP4eCzfXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net:

Winking smiley indeed.

Canadian radio broadcasters and their advertisers feel the same way. They constantly lobby the government's regulatory body (the CRTC) for permission to relax the regulations so as to allow broadcasters to play what people want instead of what bureaucrats deem "correct" entertainment.

Reply to
Tegger

bobj wrote in news:IJwqm.34859$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe06.iad:

.

I looked into FTA. It appears to go down all the time as well.

Reply to
Tegger

I keep the radio at the shop tuned to a Canadian station most of the time. The clock/radio that wakes me up is tuned to CBC2. I prefer to watch hockey on Canadian tv. Living near the border has it's perks.

Reply to
Steve Austin

I like As It Happens, and NOT the "US version".

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

Steve Austin wrote in news:4aab9f85$0$13257$38cefb40 @news.westelcom.com:

The difference is that you're not FORCED to watch or listen to that. It's your CHOICE.

Canadians legally lack that choice. And for anything other than broadcast, lack that choice absolutely.

Reply to
Tegger

Guy Lombard was from Canada.Do Canadians listen to his songs? I do, once in a while. I like the XM 40s on 4 music channel on DirecTV.Big Band/Swing era Music. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Dude, how old *ARE* you?

When I take my Mom somewhere I play ch 4 for her. She's 87.

Reply to
Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B

snipped-for-privacy@webtv.net wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@storefull-3173.bay.webtv.net:

I'd *love* to get the true BBC, but for now I'll live with just Top Gear.

Reply to
fred

Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@e86.GTS:

We used to watch Guy Lombardo's New Year's Eve TV show with our rabbit-ears antenna.

Reply to
Tegger

Fri, 11 Sep 2009 18:45:23 -0400 Hachiroku $B%O%A%m%/(B wrote: | On Fri, 11 Sep 2009 23:08:38 +0000, Tegger wrote: | |> Steve wrote in |> news:otOdnZCuUP4eCzfXnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@texas.net: |> |>> Tegger wrote: |>> |>>> Music is heavily controlled by the government as well. Radios can play |>>> US music, but they have to mix in a certain percentage of Canadian |>>> music in with it. |>> |>> Canadian music? How much Rush and Triumph can a person actually listen |>> to in a day? |>> |>> ;-) |>> |>> |>> |> |> Winking smiley indeed. |> |> Canadian radio broadcasters and their advertisers feel the same way. They |> constantly lobby the government's regulatory body (the CRTC) for |> permission to relax the regulations so as to allow broadcasters to play |> what people want instead of what bureaucrats deem "correct" entertainment. | | I always thought Canada was like the US, but more so, i.e. personal | freedoms were more important. | | What the hell happened? | | |

Wading though piles of TV crap, what about the car. You could have at least changed the subject line.

Reply to
me at

Subject changed a long time before I joined in...

Reply to