Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

e:

n vehicle the

every 50 miles

one that travels

or 600+ miles

o fill all of

Comfort yourself. It's only a hypothesis. A bit like Hollywood crap.

Reply to
harry

Very common in Europe. You can but a package biogas plant to make electricity over here.

Also big in China.

Reply to
harry

They were Krauts. I lived in Wales for 20 years.

Reply to
harry

As I say, I only had a few tools that I made to try it out. Mostly I was curious about how they shrink aluminum. I know how to stretch it just fine.

If I were independently wealthy and wanted a hobby, I could see learning how to build restoration aluminum bodies. Either that or cold-molded racing sailboats. But I don't have that kind of time. And I already have plenty of hobbies.

If you get into it, I'll be very interested to hear how it goes.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

..

rote:

========================= ====

That is consistent with what Consumer Reports stated based on their testing. They gave a cost of about 3.5 cents per mile. I don't remember what their rate for electric was, but at 15 cents kwh it would put it in the range of your number. And *not* at the the

3X cost that EA is running around bitching about, based on specualtion, as opposed to actually testing them.
Reply to
Bob

Yeah, I know where you live.

Look, this is just going around in circles. If you want to run on bunker oil, get yourself a Stirling or a steam engine to power your pickup truck. It's not that they aren't available, if you make a concerted effort. You'll just need a lot of fuel, and a big oil can.

Then you can blow your steam whistle when you come to stop signs. It's fun. 8-)

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Yea, those darn English, their colonies and their slaves. ^_^

TDD

Reply to
The Daring Dufas

OVER the world

controlled and were

And if the Brits weren't paying the Indians for scalps (they denied it, of course), the Americans wouldn't have burned York.

How far back do you want to go? Back during the French and Indian Wars, in which my ancestors fought, the Brits were paying Americans for Iroquois scalps (they were fighting for the French at the time. Better grub, probably...). That's inarguable and well documented. One of my long-ago relatives turned enough of them into the British offices in Boston to buy a farm in what is now Greenland, NH.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

that travels

Like the 100 yrs War?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Im Ojibwa.

So Harry..painted your belly blue this month?

  1. Lie
Gunner

So that explains why you have both pointed ears and a pointed head and are gay.

Thanks!!

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Was watching t Jay Leno on YouTube about his Stanley Steamer. After they built a new boiler..after the old one blew up..it was quite fun watching him blowing his own horn at stop lights

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Ha ha ha ha ha! You stupid ignorant fuckwitted pseudologue. Bunker oil is a *residue* from the petroleum fractional distillation process. No well in the world pumps out bunker oil.

Reply to
Dave Cua

For you, maybe. For me....well, you should have seen my first race car, '57 Alfa Romeo Guilietta Spider:

It had been raced and it was kind of pranged. When I got done with the hammer and dolly, it looked like it had been attacked by a thousand angry hornets.

Very cool. I really admire that kind of craftsmanship.

Yup. All we need is time, eh? I'm on the countdown and I'm marshalling that a little more carefully.

I have some boats to build before I go into that deep sleep.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

ote:

ote:

hey have. The

wered vehicle

now. Perhaps

ven vehicle the

p every 50 miles

s one that travels

tanks on my old

PG or 600+ miles

d miles.  All

to fill all of

The hundred years war actually happened.

Reply to
harry

Take your meds today?

Reply to
Doug

Chingaskook?

Reply to
harry

There is the one story of the Russian fellow that came hunting in Canada. They were out hunting in the bush, when the Russian and his guide came across an Ojibwa running past a clearing. The guide shot the Indian. The Russian was shocked. The guide told him, it's okay we're allowed to shoot Ojibwas up here.

As they arrived back to their bush cabin, they spotted an Indian running away from the cabin with a six pack of beer. The Russian quickly sighted and shot the Indian. The guide said, "what the heck you do that for, we're going to get in trouble!". The Russian, said "you said it was alright to shoot Ojibwas up here?" The guide said,"yeah, but you can't bait them!"

Reply to
Ed Huntress

LL OVER the world

ntrolled and were

have two under your

You were chased out of your capital. How is that not defeat? When we saw what a shithole the place was,we let you have it back.

Reply to
harry

Once again you prove what a dumbass you are, Dumbie. No surprise.

Reply to
krw