Dying for a Chevy Volt, but....

Thanks for answering the question.

Reply to
Doug

message

Wphew, man, I don't know if I ever knew the answer to that.

The '57s and '58s (I had one of each) were 4-speeds. Just before or just after the 1300 cc Guilietta morphed into the 1600 cc Guilia (1962), they changed to a 5-speed.

I don't know who made them.

Here's a deep-trivia bit for your collection. You can tell a '57 or earlier Guilietta from a '58 or later by the distributor drive gear. The earlier ones were bronze, and usually worn out, and the later ones are steel.

I put the engine from my '58 into my '57, and then swapped *that* out for a used Tom O'Brien Veloce race engine.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

message

message

an electric

much as I'd

finagle one

It didn't have much power -- maybe 80 hp stock. The Tom O'Brien race engine probably made 120 hp or a little more, though, which made it pretty lively. The car only weighed about 1700 pounds dry.

It was a good race car for a beginner because it was very stable and responsive, and it had a fair amount of understeer. With the O'Brien engine, it would just drift (in the classic definition of the term, not what the "drifters" call drifting today).

I loved it. I narrowed it considerably when I missed a shift (I had the stock gearbox with the synchro rings removed; very dicey), blew the engine, and hit a guardrail at the Old Bridge Speedway at around

90 mph.

Then I bought a new MG Midget Mk III, for $2,364, and raced that for a few years.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

What boats are you gonna build?

Gunner, waiting for delivery of his FJ

  1. Lie
Gunner

No..Tonto was alleged to be Potawatomi.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

OVER the world

controlled and were

under your

Oh...like the 3 times the Brits tried to take Afghanistan?

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Some roaches have no self respect.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They were tired of all that horse meat, and wanted to try camel burgers for a change.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Tonto would have taken harry to the dump! To the dump! To the dump! Dump! Dump! with the rest of the trash.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Reply to
Spamβuster

You got the answer you deserved and more than you could understand, obviously.

Reply to
krw

Well, the you're at least partially right. The UK is irrelevant.

Reply to
krw

Indeed.

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner

Reply to
Spamβuster

Small ones for fishing. I have a 13' Phil Bolger canoe that I built some years ago, but I can only fish alone in that. It's on the load waterline with 330 lb. aboard. I'd like to build a 12' cartopper so I can take my son or wife on the local lakes.

Then I want to build a Carolina-type skiff for fishing the bays; probably 16', for 20 - 30 hp.

Finally, if I'm still alive , I'd build a daysailer of some type.

FJ = Flying Junior? That's what I raced in college. Much fun.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

You're right. The UK is an irrelevant country.

Reply to
krw

"Michael A. Terrell" on Mon, 25 Feb 2013

23:38:35 -0500 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

Have one here in Washington. Oh, and those aren't "garages" (which are for cars) but "hangars".

And aircraft have the right of way, cause they do not have a reverse gear.

pyotr filipivich

Tonto = fool in Spanish.

Reply to
harry

y's mindset is.

l ALL OVER the world

controlled and were

you have two under your

ire!" ring any

where you limeys

es out in that

not for the US.

And you think you succeeded?

Reply to
harry

Ayup. Found a late 90s FJ in very decent shape in a storage lot..that the owner hadnt made a rent payment on in 18 months. We are just waiting for the certified paperwork touches all the places its supposed to touch and when it clears..its mine. I did some work for the lot owner and took this out in trade. Missing the sails..evidently the owner took them with him before putting it in storage. With luck..he will offer up the sails when he gets the paperwork and signs off on the boat. If not..Ive found several sets in So Cal and MIT is trying to sell me a nearly new set for reasonable money.. The chute is toast..and Ill have to find one of those as well..but single handing it...shrug..not going to be blowing out the chute a hell of a lot...launcher or not. Single handing and running a chute when I was younger and racing Thistles was a handful. This little boat...not so much of an issue as the Thistle...but wind in my AO is flakey and really really variable. Running a chute is not all that smart in my AO.

Id hoped to have it in November or before to take advantage of the winter winds here but the lot owner has been dragging his feet . Shrug

When summer gets hit..not going to be much wind for about 5 months so Ill have to simply deal with it.

Ive been using an old AMF Force 5, but for a 195lb guy..and no jib..its a bit slow. Still have Windancer II, but the Hobi hasnt been in the water in 10 or more years and the tramp is pretty bad. Its a late 790s Hobi 16 and I had to redo the forehulls when they went soft. The guy storing my Ensinada 20 wanted it and I gave it to him...but he still hasnt picked it up yet..2 yrs after I gave it to him

Gunner

  1. Lie
Gunner