Dynomax Super Turbo Muffler

Anyone have any experiances with the dynomax super turbo muffler? I just ordered one for my truck and i'm hoping that it isn't too loud inside the cab. Thanks.

Reply to
Tim C.

yep I had one on my 98 V6 Dakota, it sounds great at idle and under load, and yes it drones on the highway, and is a tad annoying, did you get a good deal, I bought the cat back from a friend for $300 cdn.

Punch

Reply to
Punch

If you route the pipes straight back under the bumper it won't be too loud, but I think a side exhaust you might find annoying with the Super Turbos. My dad has them with tube headers on his '73 pickup and with the rear exhaust it's just loud enough to let you know what's going on without being obtrusive.

I personally love the sound of Flowmasters, but you're talking a lot more money there...

As an aside, I've driven quite a few Studebakers (both Hawk and Lark chassis - 289 V8 engine) and they all seem to have a drone at about

2000-2500 RPM, both with glasspacks and Flowmasters. Car is quiet at all other speeds. Any ideas what can be done about this, or is this something that I just have to live with? Would adding a crossover pipe help? I'd hate to lose that distinctive Studebaker sound, but then again, if it would help that droning...

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

I have one on my Jeep CJ7 and like it a lot.

It has a decent rumble to it without being too loud.

Mike

"Tim C." wrote:

Reply to
Mike Romain