Effects of leaking EGR Valve in Speed Density engine...

Would a leaking EGR Valve cause a Speed Density engine to run RICH? I believe it would cause the MAP to read slightly higher than "normal", and therefore, because the MAP "over rules" the O2, it would run RICH, correct?

I've been trying to find out why my car has a slightly rough idle, slow acceleration, and over all lowered power output.

Yesterday, while monitoring my MAP's output voltage, I noticed that it dropped to about 1.4 volts after a friend of mine had sprayed the EGR valve's entire area with a WD-40 type product. After about 15 seconds, the voltage shot back up to about 1.8 volts again. This is at idle with NO load at all.

The EGR valve is the GM "Integrated Electronic" type, with a Pintle Position sensor etc...I replaced it with a brand-new Delco one about 2 years ago.

Anyone have anything that might help me out here?

Some times when I'm idling HOT in Park, if it's dark/night time, my interior lights will dim slightly, you can hear/feel the engine kind of "stumble" when that happens. The charging system is not at fault at all, it works perfectly. But I'm just wondering if the EGR valve could somehow cause this as well?

THANKS A TON!:)

Reply to
Sykesguy