Electric Rangers for sale

We have exciting news!

Our company was able to save a number of Ford EV Rangers from being "disposed of". If you were one of the original users/lessees of these trucks, we know how hard it was to turn them in at the end of your lease. Now is your opportunity to put these trucks back into your garage for good!

All of our trucks are lease returns, and some were originally leased by government or utility customers. Due to the short term of the original leases, and the controlled applications in which they were used, all of our trucks have very low mileage (only 6,000-16,000 miles!). Model years range from 1998-2001.

Because of our unique experience working with electric vehicles, we have the technical expertise to ensure these trucks are in top operating condition. You can be assured that each vehicle you purchase has passed a thorough 95+ point inspection, safety check, and had the entire battery pack replaced, or refurbished.

These trucks are being sold "as is". We are, however, offering a Limited Traction Battery Pack Warranty. If range drops more than 10 miles within 6 months, ship vehicle back to us (FOB Sacramento) and we will repair it at no charge (includes parts and labor for batteries only). Special warranty applies only to the repair of the vehicle traction battery pack batteries only, and does not affect the rest of the vehicle or other components.

In addition, we are the official used parts provider, on behalf of Ford Motor Company, and carry a large inventory of EV Ranger parts.

We are offering discount pricing for fleet purchases of 3 or more, and have more than a dozen units ready to ship.

Please share this information with your stakeholders, local fleets or interested parties. Please respond to us with your questions at, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net We will respond to all inquiries, and look forward to working with you!

Reply to
EVRanger

No thanx. I cook on a Gas Ranger.

Reply to
dahpater

Kitchen Aid Range. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

The evranger peeple don't seem to be in any hurry to respond. Whazzup?

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Are you really that much of a Usenet rookie?

Companies that have to Spam Usenet for 'customers' are normally scum/scam companies that can't sell their product on the legit market so they come here fishing for suckers.

You never see 'real' companies Spamming Usenet.

Mike

86/00 CJ7 Laredo, 33x9.5 BFG Muds, 'glass nose to tail in '00 88 Cherokee 235 BFG AT's - Gone to the rust pile... Canadian Off Road Trips Photos: Non members can still view! Jan/06
Mike Romain

Well, I was wriggling on the line, they dint even bother to reel me in!

I would, without hesitation, buy an all electric pickup truck, with any kind of intelligent design. And reasonable price.

As far a spamming goes, on the machining ngs we have small specialty companies pitch us, which is generally not viewed as spam. But, you takes yer chances. Like buying on HF. :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Or buying an american car. :) :)

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Phoenix Motorcars has an electric SUT (Sport Utility Truck) that looks really good. Check it. . .

However, it is going to fleet sales first, and price is a sticking point. . . The high-tech batteries they put into it are extremely expensive. The only way it makes economic sense is if they can sell their California ZEV credits to other car makers. So if you are not in California you might be out of luck. (Also it's not clear whether they will really get anyone to buy those ZEV credits, or how much they'll be worth.)

The electric car isn't dead, it's just recharging. The cost of batteries is the last real remaining obstacle, and I think that will be solved although it may take several more years.

Reply to
Tony Belding

At my house the danger of dozens of heavy, acid-filled batteries in an accident situation is a much bigger obstacle.

Reply to
clifto

The truck looks really nice. 95 mph, 0-60 of 10 sec, 100 mi range. But the site is a little cryptic. I couldn't find a price, or battery price. Do you know what they're asking? They claim 500 cars being made in 2007, 6,000 in 2008.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Who would buy a second hand electric car/truck/van and then it turns out the vehicle's batteries are worn out (or almost worn out) and the vehicle needs a set of new or rebult expensive replacement batteries? I wouldn't.The Air Cars are in production in India, but they won't/can't be sold in America because the body panels are glued together.I wouldn't mind owning an Air Car for gong to the food store and other nearby places.

cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Esp asking 30K for the Ranger, and 7-9K for replacement batts. + extra for the charger, ferchrissakes...

Nice link.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Lithium is the lightest metallic element, it's nothing like lead. Li-ion and li-poly batteries are considered non-toxic by the EPA, so you can actually dump them in a landfill when they are worn out -- although it makes more sense to recycle them, because they do contain some valuable materials.

There have been some instances of laptop computer batteries bursting into flames, but the newer chemistries (such as Phoenix are using) are highly resistant to that. The only way they would burn would be if you crashed into a SUV, for example, and burning gasoline poured all over your batteries. Then they would catch fire, but by then you have bigger problems to worry about.

Just to put this in perspective, there were something like five instances of laptops exploding, and it was splashed all over the internet and TV news. Every day about 900 gasoline cars catch fire across the USA, and it isn't news because it's too common.

Reply to
Tony Belding

It hasn't been announced to the public yet, officially.

However, according to my sources. . . The trucks today cost well in excess of $100,000 to manufacture, due to the advanced batteries (i.e. $70,000 worth of batteries, plus motor, power electronics, low-volume production). They are planning to sell the trucks in California for $45,000 each, which would earn them 40 ZEV credits per truck. Phoenix believe they can sell the ZEV credits to other manufacturers for $5,000 each, for a total of $200,000 per truck.

This economic theory is not yet proven, the say the least.

Eventually these batteries will be mass-produced, vehicles will be mass-produced, and the cost will plummet, the same as we've seen happen with other technologies. It will take at least several years, though. I doubt whether we'll ever see electric vehicles as inexpensive as gasoline-powered ones, but you have to also factor in the lower cost of operating the electrics (in terms of fuel and maintenance), so at some time in the future the balance will tip in their favor. It may be 5 to

10 years away, at a guess.
Reply to
Tony Belding

Snipped the part about flames. First, just because lithium is lighter than plutonium doesn't mean that large quantities of lithium won't weigh a lot. Second, you haven't addressed electrolyte spills from cracked cases.

And despite all the blather about how economical it's going to be to maintain those battery packs, wait until there's some real-life experience with the actual economics of it. And wait until people realize they're exchanging a pack that's good but for one battery for a pack that has half its batteries nearly spent and sulfated, "but it's guaranteed" so they can go back as many times as is needed to find a pack that will work marginally well, but the backlog for repairing one's own pack is three weeks and they need the car now.

The only hope for the electric car is that hypersuperduper capacitor storage device someone's developing, and no one really knows what one of those will be like in a big collision either.

Reply to
clifto

Oh, I read something in my July 2007 Popular Mechanics magazine that Steorn is going to prove their technology works, let me find that article in my magazine,,,,,,,,,,

Here T'Is, if I may Quote the article,

Time Machine /// January, 1903.Irish Company Steorn LTD.recently claimed that, come July 2007, it will prove that its ''magneto-mechanical'' perpetual motion technology creates more energy than it consumes.Trying to buck the law of thermodynamics is nothing new.In 1903, PM ran a sketch of a machine that a reader said will ''run itself with a gain of power''. It involved a wheel, ball bearings and a screw pipe.We said it ''resembles perpetual motion''.Not that it worked, of course.If Steorn's system pans out, we'll be sure to let you know.

Unquote.

Well Steorn LTD, here's mud in your eye.I hope it works. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Can you send me pics of your inventory.

Jesse

Reply to
cl3fty

You do realize this thread is over 6 years old?

Reply to
m6onz5a