Emissions warranty?

Hey. I've got a '01 Pathfinder with two bad cats. Anybody knnow what the federally mandated warranty is on such emission-control components? Thanks in advance.

Reply to
Dekbuilder

|Hey. I've got a '01 Pathfinder with two bad cats. Anybody knnow what the |federally mandated warranty is on such emission-control components? |Thanks in advance.

5 years 50 thousand miles whichever comes first Lg
Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

|On 15 Jan 2004 02:51:20 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dekbuilder) wrote: | ||Hey. I've got a '01 Pathfinder with two bad cats. Anybody knnow what the ||federally mandated warranty is on such emission-control components? ||Thanks in advance. | |5 years |50 thousand miles |whichever comes first

A lot of dealerships will give you the runaround on this, saying it's a normal replacement item and not covered under warranty. What they typically say is true, it's not covered under the manufacturers standard warranty. The emissions warranty is treated as a separate thing in their minds. Do some research first and know your rights before taking it in. Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Reply to
Mike Behnke

Right, it should be warranted based upon mileage. If he's within mileage they could point to something else as the cause of failure and they just might be correct. If you used leaded fuel for example that would void the warranty. That's very unlikely you would have a source for that anyway, but that's the idea. Bad fuel would not be the manufacturer's problem. Flood or collision damage is not their fault either. Oddly enough the poster gives us the model year and no mileage.

Reply to
MaxAluminum

snipped-for-privacy@xoxy.net (MaxAluminum) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Also doesn't give an indication as to how he/she/it (don't wanna leave anyone out:) ) came to the conclusion that the cats are bad.

Reply to
Death

Also note that Nissan requires you to fail a legally required emissions test in order to qualify for the warranty. Read the details in the owner's manual and make sure you document the failure.

Reply to
Jimmy