engine management light showing on vauxall corsa

hey i got my engine management light showing on my vauxall corsa its a

1 litre 12v club, and i had it checked out in the garage and they found the following fault codes p170, p300, and p302 and they advised me to replace the air intake ducting which i did, but the light is still on, any idea of what it might be??? cheers d
Reply to
dv_uk

hey i got my engine management light showing on my vauxall corsa its a

1 litre 12v club, and i had it checked out in the garage and they found the following fault codes p170, p300, and p302 and they advised me to replace the air intake ducting which i did, but the light is still on, any idea of what it might be??? cheers d
Reply to
dv_uk

If the codes are generic, the 300 is random misfire, and the 302 is #2 cylinder consecutive misfires...I'll have to see what a 170 is...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

The po170 is fuel trim malfunction...best guess, with the misfire codes present, look for a bad injector or a vacuum leak associated with the #2 cylinder...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

View this thread:

ok cheers for that mate, appreciate it, so any idea of what i might need to do to correct the fault. any ideas would be helpful??

Reply to
dv_uk

Look for a disconnected/leaking vacuum hose, make sure the injector harness connections are tight, maybe try some injector cleaner...pull the plug outta the #2 cylinder (or all of them) and clean/replace...how old is this car, and how many miles?

I had to look it up, never heard of it.

Dumb question. It's not a diesel is it? If so, ignore my previous answers, and then I couldn't tell you what to look for...

Reply to
jeffcoslacker

View this thread:

cheers for that mate, will do, il let u knw what the outcome is.

Reply to
dv_uk