Engine specs website?

Anyone know of a good engine spec website? Looking for machining dimensions. Bore and stroke are easy enough, but things like deck height, main and rod journals, small rod end size etc. Or a book somewhere out there if nothing exists on the web. Thanks.

Reply to
51_racing

====== ======

hold tight....i'll post it in jest a sec........

~:~ marsh ~sips his mushroom tea....takes a toke......wonders which file he put that V W racing eng. specs site..in?~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

Still holding tight, thanks.

Reply to
51_racing

What engine or engine family are you looking for? Also keep in mind that a lot of those specs are ones that will depend on the use of the engine, the parts your using and the materials those parts are made from. For instance on a small block using factory iron rods Big end bore is 2.2247-2.2252. Taper not to exceed .00015. No bellmouthing allowed. Centerline of main bearing to edge of cap 1.320 Min. Centerline of main bearing to centerline of pin is 5.699-5.701 Pin bore is .9274-.9278 for a floating pin and .9252-.9262 for pressed pin. Change the bearing type, piston deck height or want to play with the quench area and the overall length can be up to 6.135. Pin bore can change if your using different pistons and big end diameter may change if you do offset grinding or play with the crank throws.

Reply to
Steve W.
51_racing wrote in news:RYqdneLGqpNJIp7anZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@onvoy.com:

Um, would be helpful if we knew what manufacturer we're talking about.

Ford?

Honda?

Bugatti?

Zaporozhets?

Pierce Arrow?

They're all, rather different, you know...

Reply to
Tegger

========= =========

i found it

:)

~:~ marsh ~takes a toke.......wonders what color yer Bug is~ ~:~

Reply to
Marsh Monster

I guess I was looking for a variety of them. I'm mostly working on SBC stuff, but expect to get others, Ford, Mopar, as well as imports in the near future, was just looking for a reference for those. Thanks.

Reply to
51_racing

Yes, I know that, I was looking for info on pretty much everything, chev, ford, mopar, imports, anything.

Reply to
51_racing

Well if you want a lot of info your looking at getting a few books from a couple of the companies that makes engine rebuilding gear. You will need books from the various makers of the engines your working on as well. You will also want to talk to the engines owner about what it will be used for and what performance level they desire/expect. It's a waste of time hand fitting parts and blueprint and balancing the engine in a vehicle that will be used once a week to get to church!

Steve W.
51_racing wrote in news:JsydnYECeu8dD5vanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@onvoy.com:

Then Google would be your best friend here.

I just did a quick search using the term "engine specifications". Lotsa results.

Reply to
Tegger

each carmarker is now required by us law to provide online service info but it does cost money most have daily rates chrysler even will rent you a scan tool for 3 days

51_rac> Anyone know of a good engine spec website? Looking for machining
Reply to
phil

Some of those foreign websites pertaining to vehicles, makes it hard for me to figure out.Watts to Horsepower, bars,torque, stuff like that. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Yeah, the problem with that is sorting out the ones that are outright WRONG from the ones that are correct :-/

Reply to
Steve