Engine stalls when car on idle and A/C is turned on

Hey guys! I have an issue with my Mitsubishi Eclipse 2000 GT. Suddenly now when I start the car, everything is well. After I turn on the A/C, the engine RPM goes down to 0 and the engine quits. This only happens when I have it either in P or N (my car is automatic transmission). When I am driving, if I turn the A/C on it works well. I am wondering what can the issue be since the battery is new, the alternator was checked about 2 months ago and was left working perfectly. I am wondering what I should check in order to fix this issue. As I said before the car just stalls when I have it Parking or Neutral and I turn the A/C on. Very weird.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much, Teo

Reply to
Metalaid

The ECU should adjust when you turn the air con on to compensate for the extra drag of the AC pump. It sounds like your ECU isnt doing this and when it is idling the extra drag is enough to cause it to stall.

Reply to
2ofdem