Engine stumbles on 94 Ford F250

I have a 1994 Ford F250 with a 460 engine. The engine runs rough at idle and runs rich. When driving at highway speeds, the engine stumbles and misses. I have replaced everything that makes a spark. The comp test is 150 all. The valve springs all seem ok and cam lift seem ok. I bought the truck with this problem, and all I've done has changed nothing. Anyone have any ideas??? Thanks! Don

Reply to
skiddermom

Yep, you are looking at ignition, when this behavior is symptomatic of fuel delivery, or perhaps other.

Compression is okay. You have no idea if the valve timing is okay (dependent upon the timing chain or belt, I mean.)

You have a little more looking to do, I guess

Reply to
hls

a bad coolant temp sensor can cause the engine to run rich.

Reply to
m6onz5a

check fuel pressure, filter and catalitic back pressure.

Reply to
Scott Smith