Engine swap

I have a 97 Monte Carlo with a blown motor. I have come across several

2000/2001 malibu's with the same 3100 motors on the cheap. I am not a novice but at the same time I am not looking to have to swap all the electronics or jerry rig the sensors. Is this a straight forward swap the the transmission and electronics. I understand there are some differences in the intake and exhaust manifolds. Can anyone elaborate on what these differences might be? Can I use the equipment off the malibu. I am being offered complete engines here, not blocks.

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
John

Ken Hilson

Sorry but I do not recognize the term Piston Slap, please elaborate.

Reply to
John

"John" wrote

MasterBlaster

I would point out that in many States, California being one, you must follow the smog regulations for the year of the new engine. With that in mind, you will want to replace all the engine accesories, wiring harness and all. (No fun, I know) Good luck

Reply to
Knot Rich