Exhaust Setup on Police Package Caprices

Hi,

I was checking out some exhaust specs at

and I noticed that the cop car 5.7 liter exhaust uses a 2 inch tailpipe and muffler.

But the smaller 5 liter engine uses a 2 1/4 inch tailpie and a 2 1/2 inch muffler.

Why the heck would they decrease the exhaust size for a larger engine ???

Thanks, L

Reply to
Lecher9000

Because the 5.7l 9C1 Caprice came with a dual exhaust?

Reply to
Mark Olson

I thought hat might be it, but the diagram doesn't say anything about duals..... Time to head over to the police station and take a look, I spose..... (Assuming they have any Caprices left)....

Reply to
Lecher9000

Or you could do a google search for

5.7l 9c1 caprice dual exhaust

and find out that way...

Says the L99 V8 has a single exhaust, the LT1 has a dual.

Reply to
Mark Olson