Factory XM converted to portable XM

I'd like to cancel my XM subscription on my Chevy HHR and go with a portable system that I can use in multiple vehicles or in the house and still have the ability to use the portable XM on the factory radio in my HHR. In other words I don't want to purchase multiple subscriptions to have XM where ever I choose, or replace the factory radio in my HHR. but I've not found any info regarding using a factory installed XM radio with the portable setup, wondering if anybody has experience with this type of conversion.

Reply to
Jeff Dieterle

The only way to do what you want would be to install an auxiliary connection in the HHR and use a portable XM unit. (unless it has an aux. jack already) Cancel the XM subscription for the HHR. Then use the portable unit to feed a signal into the stock stereo.

Reply to
Steve W.

Reply to
Jeff Dieterle

That goes for walkmen, discman, DVDmen, I-Pods, or any portable audio device that uses headphones.

-CC "The most important two jacks on future automobiles will be a 1/8" mini-aux jack and a USB port to the car's built-in harddrive. Cassette & CD holes will cease to exist entirely."

Reply to
ChrisCoaster