FAKE oil pump.

I have an oil pump like the kind that is suppose to pump oil up through the dipstick tube.I bought it at the Goodwill store this afternoon.It looks brand new, still in the box.I hooked it up, only to see what it will do.It made a loud whizzing noise.It didn't pump anything at all. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Prime it.

Reply to
twisted

If it's been sitting a while the pump is probably dried out. Dump some clean oil into it and let it set a couple minutes. Then try it. Be advised that they don't suck out all the oil and sludge.

Reply to
Steve W.

When I change oil, I always remove the oil pan drain plug and the oil filter and then put on a new oil filter and new oil into the engine.I don't intend to use the FAKE oil pump for changing oil. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

Used mainly for "inboard" boat engines.

Reply to
twisted

What if my bath tub drain decides to not drain? Can I use my FAKE oil pump to drain my bath tub? How would I prime it, by pouring water into the plastic outlet tube? cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

I would submerge it in oil for a time...

Reply to
ben91932

I have an old Little Giant submersible water pump.I bought it at a Goodwill store years and years ago.It works great.I am all set if my bath tub drain clogs up.I won't ever use it for pumping oil though. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

You arent using Amsoil are you? There isnt enough suck to move that mess.

Reply to
hls

I agree, this is the better way to change oil. What did you intend to do with this little turd pump?

Reply to
hls

I paid $1.50 for the FAKE oil pump, it was made in Hong Kong.Maybe the motor will come in handy for something some day.Last time I was at the Lowe's store, I noticed they sell a similar pump.I don't need it though.I am going to the Lowe's store tomorrow for some things, I will check the price of that pump, just for the heck of it. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin