Fences, again.

Late yesterday afternoon when doggy took me out in the front yard, we saw where one of my neighbors who lives in that house, the other side of my house, had driven his big old car across the narrow grassy strip by my driveway, that area is near the street in front of my house.

I already have one pressure treated 2'' by ''4 by 8' long.I cut off two feet and I sawed a point on one end and I pounded it two feet in the ground, six feet from the power line pole by the edge of the street.I don't know how far I should keep my fence away from the power line pole, I realize there has to be some room for the crews to put their ladder when they have to get up there for whatever.

Now I need to go to Lowe's for two more pressure treated 2'' by 4'' by

8's and two 16 feet long pressure treated 2'' by 4'' by 16' feet long boards so I can build that ''Don't drive on my yard'' fence. cuhulin
Reply to
cuhulin

Large rocks work well, too. Unfortunately we don't have rocks here and they have to be imported at great cost.

Reply to
Paul

Got this shot at a truck stop in Colorado where they tried some medium- sized rocks to mark off the corners.

TomO

I've been on both ends in similar situations so don't know whether to laugh or cry :)

Reply to
Paul

It would be a lot simpler if you could just talk to them and they would honor your property rights, but that doesnt seem to happen much today.. It can just make them more belligerant.

I had that problem with people next door, a housefull of undocumented aliens. They would just drive across my lawn, because their own front yard was bumper to bumper with their cars and they couldnt get out.

I finally planted shrubs and put in decorative timbers.

Reply to
hls

The first ''Don't drive on my yard'' fence I built a few months ago, I told them, I wish y'all wouldn't tear up my yard.She said, Oh, that little bit of grass! We won't do it again.

It was like I had never said anything to them at all.A few days later, they did it again.They are those kind of people who ''just don't get it'',,, if you know what I mean? I never have driven or parked on anybody elses yard. cuhulin

Reply to
cuhulin

The first ''Don't drive on my yard'' fence I built a few months ago, I told them, I wish y'all wouldn't tear up my yard.She said, Oh, that little bit of grass! We won't do it again.

It was like I had never said anything to them at all. A few days later, they did it again.They are those kind of people who ''just don't get it'',,, if you know what I mean? I never have driven or parked on anybody elses yard. ________________________________________________________________________

"Oh, that little bit of grass!" was the way of minimizing the offense and suggesting that the victim was unreasonably over-reacting.

You came from a different world. If your neighbor said he was nauseated by the sight of your blue flowers, you would remove your blue flowers without question. If you made the same request to your neighbor you would get only rudeness and ridicule.

These people truly "just don't get it." They come from a thug culture where few own property and there is no respect for the property of others. The only thing they understand is force, whether it is a 5-inch diameter steel post protecting a neighbor's property or a police swat team.

In the long run though, you will lose this battle. The thugs have taken over the neighborhood. You must move on to greener pastures where courtesy and intelligence still exist. If you stay, half of your time will be spent dealing with the thugs and the other half will be spent stewing about it.

Good luck.

Rodan.

Reply to
Rodan