fixing tiny pits and scratches in windshield

Has anybody tried those glass polishing kits where you put the buffer on a drill and use Cerium powder?

Reply to
alan

JimV

It is my understanding that this powder was made to be used on a HARD FELT WHEEL that was soaked in water and then dipped into the powder.

I never tried it for fear of leaving SWIRLS in the glass.

The wheel is attached to a slow speed body shop grinder - not to a hand drill which can have MANY different speeds or be VARIABLE speed.

In my experience there is NO SUBSTITUTE for a new windshield which luckily for me was only about $150. I know money can be tight, but it was a SMALL price for safety and most of all PLEASURE in driving on a sunny day. I could SEE clearly.

Reply to
Conase