Flashing battery light and headlights?

When I start my 03 Chevy Tracker the battery light flashes on and off and the headlights flash the same way. It has daytime lights. What's strange is that once the car is warmed up it stops. Any ideas? Thanks much.

Reply to
Michael L Kankiewicz

Make sure it's the charging properly when things are flashing, blinking, flickering. Think they have a problem with the wire/wires going into the alternator from the harness.

Reply to
twisted

Thanks - one more thing I forgot to write. The speed of the flashing is directly in synch with RPMs, as is a slight clicking sound. But still after the car is well warmed up it goes away.

Reply to
Michael L Kankiewicz

Put a voltmeter on the alternator when it does it. Possibly alternator going bad.

Reply to
Paul