Flexalite versus Derale for Electric Cooling Fans

Any opinions on which company makes a better product (I'm looking at Dual fan configurations for a Ford application, as a pusher.)???

Or can anyone suggest a better (perhaps more reliable or higher CFM) fan maker?

Thanks,

Jason

Reply to
Willis

Flex-a-lite has a pretty good reputation. So does Hayden. I'm not familiar with Derale.

Reply to
Steve

Mechanical fans work best. Hadda flexalite in my S-10/350 where I hadda

4 core rad built special & the flexalite wouldn't push thru it. If your using a thinner core, it'll probably do the trick but be aware of my lesson. Fortunatly I hadda rear drive buick that I converted to R-134 that eventually used up an otherwise waste of money. Not debasing the manufacturer, just giving my expierence. Good luck.
Reply to
pater

All fans are mechanical. Some of them are spun by the engine, others by an electric motor. The latter type is overwhelmingly the most popular and has been for the last 20 years.

Reply to
Daniel J. Stern

I'm looking at a pair of dual fans by Derale, or buying two single fans by SPAL. Any info on these manufacturers?

Thanks!

Jason

Reply to
Willis

What about electric arc fans, similar to arc speakers? Batmobile uses them.

Reply to
Norm De Plume

FYI (in case someone wants to know), Derale comes with a 12 month warranty and SPAL fans come with an 18 month warranty.

Jason

Reply to
Willis