Flickering lights

I've got a 1999 Ford Ranger V6 4wdr that has a bit of an issue.

The lights flicker when on. The battery light, dashboard lights and interior light all flicker the same. Anyone know what might be causing this??

Thanks,

Reply to
phatboi77

Anybody besides me putting their money on "bad ground"?

Reply to
Don Bruder

Or a bad regulator in his alternator. The lights are the only unregulated loads that the customer would notice, so his observation doesn't rule out a complete system voltage fluctuation. It could be an open from the alternator positive stud to the battery as well. This Ford is certainly a candidate for a check of the battery wires, connections, and alternator output under load.

Toyota MDT in MO

Reply to
Comboverfish

Reply to