Ford 3.0L Pushrod Valve Stems-updated

I probably should have enlightened a bit better from my last post. I am replacing a head gasket, and I do have the heads off. I am not going to have them machined as they are not warpped. I am very experienced with engines/auto mechanics. However, I always work on foreign cars, this is my first job on a domestic for a buddy of mine. I am asking if anyone knows how to remove the valves off of the head so I can replace the valve stem seals?

Thanks, Timothy

Reply to
botardtim

I probably should have enlightened a bit better from my last post. I am replacing a head gasket, and I do have the heads off. I am not going to have them machined as they are not warpped. I am very experienced with engines/auto mechanics. However, I always work on foreign cars, this is my first job on a domestic for a buddy of mine. I am asking if anyone knows how to remove the valves off of the head so I can replace the valve stem seals?

Thanks, Timothy

Reply to
botardtim

The point is...you don't have to *remove the valves off the head* to replace the valve stem seals. In the Service manual, it only show the rocker arms and springs being removed.

Are you sure you want to do this? Do you know the specs for torqing parts? Do you have the right tools?

Lg

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

I have pretty much any tool I could need, including a spring compressor. I have all the specs and torque settings I need. How does the manual show the removal of the springs?

Reply to
botardtim

I'm not going to do this job for you.

Reply to
Lawrence Glickman

Just go ahead and compress the springs - after you do that it should be obvious.

-jim

Reply to
jim

Reply to
Shep

I'm sorry, but you may be getting over your head. Previously you said: I am very experienced with engines/auto mechanics. And yet you don't know how to remove valve springs and valves?

Reply to
John S.

I guess them foreign cars don't use valve keepers.... But what do I know, I've yet to put valve seals on a 3.0 Ford. I've never known them to cause problems.

Reply to
Bob

I too am more used to furr'in cars. I don't know what a valve "pushrod" is. Should I ask my Grandad ?

Reply to
dingbat

Its the thing that allows Vipers and Corvettes to outperform Ferraris at

1/3 the price.... :-p
Reply to
Steve