Ford Contour SVT Throttle Sticking

2000 Contour SVT [I'm not great with automotive terms, so I may call something by the wrong name. Please bear with me.]

The throttle sticks shut, so I have to tap the pedal fairly hard to get it unstuck. It appears that the throttle plate needs adjusting, and there is a small screw that contacts a limiter on the cable mechanism. Problem is getting to the small screw. The end I can see has no hex head, slot, hole, etc. so I assume it's the other end that needs to be adjusted. It also has no head or slot that I can see. Maybe an allen wrench? (I already dropped one small one into the "abyss" - oops) If so what size? I don't want to have to take a lot of stuff apart.

Thanks for any tips. Craig

[to reply directly, change the VERB to a NUMERAL]
Reply to
Craig Williams

The throttle body needs cleaning, not adjusting. Get a can of gumout and a toothbrush.

Reply to
Jim

Maybe an allen wrench? (I already dropped

and left it there?

Reply to
Punch

Where it went, I'll never know. Even my small arms can't get in there. I looked from every conceivable angle...

Reply to
Craig Williams