Ford Focus 2011 Windshield (metro DC area)

Hello, all and my question is primarily for metro DC area folks:

The subject vehicle Carlite windshield NAGS# DW01694GTY recently developed about a 7 inch approx. horizontal crack extending from the edge of glass on the driver side near the hood. Has anyone used Virginia Glass (703-448-6601) for windshield replacement and what was your impression? (I mention this company because they're affiliated with the Auto Glass Safety Council). Thanks for your time and comment. Sincerely,

Reply to
J.B. Wood

Google, or whatever,,, Virginia Auto Glass Reviews I am a long ways from Virginia/DC area.

Reply to
JR

I'd call them and ask where their glass is made.

Reply to
m6onz5a

Hello, and thanks for the feedback, but I'm going to get the Ford Carlite replacement identical to the original installed, even if it means paying over what insurance will provide. My other concern is that it be correctly installed (properly glued down, etc) and looking as close as possible to what came off the assembly line. Sincerely,

Reply to
J.B. Wood

For more auto glass related info, Google,,, Where is Ford Carlite glass made? usglassmag site. 'The Name on the package says Tennessee Pride!'

Reply to
JR

Ask car dealers who they use because a lot of them don't do windshields themselves.

See if the installer is certified by some of the windshield makers, like Carlite or PPG.

Phone shops about a slightly different Ford and ask for cash and insurance prices because if the insurance price is a lot higher, it means the shop is scamming insurance companies in order to kick back the insurance deductible to you. Avoid scammers.

Visit the shop and watch them install windshields. If they don't wear gloves during the installation, find another shop because the glued surfaces have to be 100% clean and oil-free in order to stick well, and this is very important with airbags because the windshield holds the airbags in proper position during a crash, especially the passenger's.

If you can, wait at least twice the glue's cure time (varies by formulation of glue and temperature) before driving the car because uncured glue lines peel off easily.

Reply to
larrymoencurly