Ford Focus Airbag Code 13

I purchased an SVT Focus that was in a very mild accident (seems as if it struck a pothole) in where it caused the passenger seat airbag to deploy. I purchased a new airbag, replaced it and unplugged the battery for an hour. The airbag light shows a code 13 and wondering what might be wrong? The passenger seatbelt works smoothly, the 7.5A fuse is fine and I can't find anything else that could be wrong. Starting to think that the module under the console may need to be replaced. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

PS I was able to find a link to a post on iATN regarding an 03 Focus Airbag Code 13 issue, but I cannot gain access to it to see what type of recommendations where posted.

Reply to
thomaspatra

I believe the code 13 is a bad pre-tensioner on the seat belt assembly. Could be either side so you need a scanner to look for the problem.

Reply to
Steve W.

If the passenger inflator deployed, the I would guess the rh pretensioner deployed as well. Sometimes you can tell by comparing it with the drivers buckle end. If one is shorter than the other, it is deployed. Don't know what code 13 is, but if airbags deploy, the airbag control module usually stores that info and can only be corrected with replacement. It(airbag ecm) may also need to be configured to the vehicle.

Reply to
Certainly