Fords police pursuit wins

Interesting article about the performance of fords Police Package.

1) the turbo 4 cly in it beat all the other contenders for acceleration. 2) The tests were done with all electronic stability control systems left ON. As the article mentions, the ESC systems in all the systems EXCEPT ford reduced track performance, sometimes significantly.

Sporting a best-in-class lap time, the EcoBoost Interceptor Sedan achieved fastest lap and fastest average lap times, with the 2.0-liter turbo variant passing the mandated 32-lap ?Grattan Vehicle Dynamics Test? with ease, placing it in the MSP Vehicle Test book for the first time in history as a pursuit-rated vehicle. Featuring 240 horsepower and 270 pound-feet of torque, the 2.0-liter version of the Interceptor is proof that four-cylinder engines do have a legitimate replacement for displacement thanks to modern turbocharger technology. Add some bigger brakes, special undercarriage shielding, active grille shutters, Level 3 ballistic door panels, upgraded suspension components, more powerful alternators, and one seriously hardcore cooling system to them, and the trooper of the future is here to enforce the law right ?meow.?

Reply to
>>>Ashton Crusher

Amazing. I was at a car-con and the eco-boost was on display with tech guys talking about how they want to sell improvements to it, and I was amazed at how small it was. If I ever get my physics nerds corralled, I'd make some add ons myself.

Nils K. Hammer

Reply to
synthius2002

The Chev (actually GMH) PPV with 270 kW L77 is struggling. Aussie cops have been snapping up the Falcon XR8 with 335 kW, which unfortunately goes out of production in 10 months.

Reply to
mbjorn