Front Lug Nut/Stud Removal From '92 Accord

I snapped off a lug nut while rotating the tires on my '92 Accord-is this a difficult job to put in a new stud? I really don't want to drive around on 3 lugs.This is the front pass. wheel. TIA! Doc

Reply to
The Doctor

The Doctor wrote in news:e99d7d9a-06b6-4509-80ed- snipped-for-privacy@u10g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:

Sorry, but the entire hub needs to be pressed off the steering knuckle before the new stud can be installed.

Reply to
Tegger

you can remove the hub bearing without a press on the accord [it unbolts from behind the knuckle] and drive in the new stud without any problems.

all this said though, how did you break the stud? do you use a torque wrench? if not, you should. always. and i would probably recommend that if you're not into the torque wrench thing, that you have the stud replaced by someone that is - you don't want the knuckle assembly falling apart.

Reply to
jim beam

don't need a press - the bearing assembly unbolts, so you can access the studs the same way as replacing the brake disk.

Reply to
jim beam