front rotor screws Odyssey 2002

What`s with the two front rotor flat head Philips type screws? While trying to remove the rotors, only one out of the whole 4 screws ( 2 screws per rotor) ' unscrewed' like it was supposed to. The other three, my screwdriver mashed the material of the screw head, had no other choice but to drill with a 1/4 inch bit the other three screws on my Odyssey 2002. Would have been a better design to have Allan key type screws ( 6 pans). May be an even better design to omit these screws to start with. What is their use? Rotors are always very tight in place, to the point you need another turning- pushing bolt to pry them off. Why the attaching screws? ANyone has any idea?

Daniel

Reply to
Daniel

The screws are usually removed without incident using an impact driver and a 3/8 drive #3 phillips bit. For example,

but less expensiveversions are also available from other sources such as
Eric

Reply to
Eric

Impact driver huh ... did not know about this tool... Thanks guys. I should go buy a kit.

Daniel

Daniel

Falling asleep through Daniel's post...

Can you put back in new screws? Just wondering

Reply to
Pahsons - Somnolent

A simple hand operated one sells for about $10. I've broken the odd philips bit getting those damn screws out though. Their problem is that they go all the way through and their ends get rusted. If you can get penetrating oil to their ends they come out easier, but not much!

Difficult if you've drilled the heads off. Their only purpose is to hold the rotor in place on the assembly line until the wheel is put on. You can leave them off if you like.

Reply to
John Ings

Reply to
<rusto11