front tire keeps leaking around 14psi of air a week

i have a 95 acura integra,

the front left tire keeps deflating on its own

i normallyl pump it to 33 psi, then about 1 wk later itll drop down to

18psi, making me pump it up about once every week.

i ve taken it to the shop where i get my oil change twice, and they put it through this big tub filled with water and could not find any leaks.

do u think it might be a small leak in the valve stem, should i get that replace? is there any other way the tire could be leaking (maybe the seal between the tirewall and the rims)?

thanks

Reply to
unggio

Could be a valve stem, poor seal at the rim or there could be a screw imbedded in the tire tread. Time to have a tire shop check the tire carefully.

Reply to
John S.

unggio wrote in news:1179279962.374984.263380 @u30g2000hsc.googlegroups.com:

Sometimes a leak will appear only when the tire is oriented a certain way relative to the pavement.

Have the tire place pull the tire off the wheel and actually look inside the tire for puncture damage.

Could also be a rim leak. Sand off and re-seal the rim.

Reply to
Tegger

Back in the early 90's I had a customer that kept coming back for a tire leak-down on the LF wheel. (LF = left front)... no other problems, just the LF wheel.

I put the tire in the tank... did the soapy water trick... replaced the valve stem, and put tire bead sealer around the rim...Next, and since his tires were rather high-end and didn't need many wheel weights, I even pulled them too...

The last thing that I thought of was to rotate his tires side-to-side (LF to RF)!!! I talked with this guy and he agreed (by now we were pretty good friends).

Yep, you guessed it!!!! The LF kept going down, even tough the "BAD" tire was now on the RF!

Come to find-out this poor guy was going through a nasty divorce and his 'EX' (or somebody) was messing with him... using a stick(?) to let the air out of his LF each night... little by little.

Reply to
DaddyMonkey

The tire shops normally pump the tire up hard to test them in the tank which seals the damn rim leaks. It needs to be checked with only 25 psi in it or just tell them to clean the sucker.

Mike

Mike Romain

To fix that syndrome, put a full can of Fix-A-Flat into the ex.

Reply to
clifto