Frozen starter

Hello My mazda protege went through a lot of water last week during a warm spell. and i believe water got into the starter. THe temperature has been bone chilling ever since. My car won't turn over in the morning, because it's too cold. But in the afternoon when the sun hits the engine for an hour or so, it starts. Any tips on how to dry out the starter? I don't have access to a heated garage.

Reply to
mfdbob

See if a local garage or any one with heated garage will let you park your vehicle there over night. My car froze once and Firestone dealer let me park overnight inside for $7.00

Reply to
I I

An imaginative but very unlikely and obscure explanation for a very simple, obvious and common problem.

Typical of a weak battery. Excessively thick engine oil would compound this.

It would dry out by itself as soon as you start the motor or as soon as it even cranked in the afternoon.

Test and then replace your battery. Simple and obvious explanations first! Save your creativity and imagination for writing a song, painting a picture, creating the ultimate novel or some other artistic endeavor. Don

Don

unlikely and obscure explanation for a very

you start the motor or as soon

Simple and obvious explanations

Reply to
mfdbob

I suggest you negotiate with your neighbor to buy or rent the heated garage - you will probably need it again tonight.

-jim

Reply to
jim