Fuel emmision component help..........

On my 2003 4.3 liter Blazer I have been getting an OBD II trouble code of P0442 = gas cap seal, vapor hose leak, or other small leak in evap. system.

I have changed the gas cap with no luck. After inspecting and following a gas vent line it has led me to a box about one foot below the gas filler tube. This box has three hoses going to it.

What is this box called?

What does it do?

Can a problem with this box cause this trouble code?

Can the box be removed? How?

Can it be cleaned/fixed?

Reply to
tnom