fuel line woes (Trailblazer)

('05 Chevy Trailblazer) We have a leaking gas line, a little forward from where the rigid pipes connect to flex lines near the front end of the tank. There's a plastic 'bracket' (wrong word?) there that locks the two pipes together. It's just free-floating, not anchored to anything.

Images:

We haven't been able to release that bracket. We've tried sticking a small screwdriver into the small slot on the side; nada. Thoughts/experience would be appreciated.

Thanks, George

Reply to
George

Those GM clips are a PITA. My son always gets them open quickly, but he has VERY good eyes, and a better head and hands for it. Your 2nd pic shows the hinge, and all the ones I've seen have the "key'" or pry point is at the opposite end from the hinge. I'd cut it at the hinge if it gave me too much trouble, then just zip tie it back together when done. .

Reply to
Vic Smith

That is a double lock clip. If you look at the end on picture with the black covered line on the right. See the small gap to the right of the line then the pointed piece that sticks down? Put a small screwdriver in that gap and push the driver UP toward the frame while twisting it counterclockwise.

Reply to
Steve W.

Thanks. I think that's right, though I wasn't able to get the clip apart. I ended up cutting the line with a hacksaw blade, making the clip kind of moot.

George

Reply to
George