Fuel pump removal on 81Blazer with 305

Hey,

So I just replaced one on my Jeep and it took me about 30 minutes. I figured I'd help a buddy with his fuel pump on his 81 Blazer with the 305 engine. Well we can't seem to even get the sucker off. The frame/altenator/ manifold all seem to be in the way. I can barely reach the bolts, on the fuel pump, to loosen/remove them but after that I dont see a way to actually get the pump out there. Much less I can't imagine away to squeeze the new one back in. Am I suposed to remove the manifold or what? I can't find anything online about removal of this, it seems most people have trouble getting it back on. Please let me know if you have any insight or if I am overlooking something obvious,

Thanks,

Jeremy

Reply to
jelwell1982